TEENS MAKE THE SCENE WITH WILD ROCKIN' ANTICS AS WE ENTER A NEW PODCAST SERIES!

 


Our ninth series of podcasts begins with a full-throttle tribute to teenage tycoons of rock and pop! No performer in this episode is over 21--but all sing and play wild sounds with their heart and soul! It's non-stop bop from the top on this wigged-out wingding that teems with tasty treasures. Served up hot 'n' fresh are these trax:

01  Brenda Lee/Rock The Bop
Decca 9-30535/Dec 1957
02  Deuces Wild/I'm In A Whirl
Specialty 654/Dec 1958
03 Connie & Lee/Maybe You'll Be Mine
      Gone 5035/Jun 1958
04 Tom & Steve The Routeens/You Are My Girl
Charm [New York] CH-102/1959
05 Carl Thomas & The Fi-Tones/I Love You Judy
O Gee 1003/Dec 1959
06 Lollipops/Big Brother
RCA Victor 47-8430/Sep 1964
07 Dick Watson & The Crescents/Be On The Lookout For The Woman
Gone G-5144/Sep 1963
08 Duals [NJ]/Nearest To My Heart
Arc [NJ] 4446/1958
09 Andy & The Live Wires/You've Done It Again
Liberty F-55321/Apr 1961; first issued as
Applause [Nebraska] 8-1249/Mar 1960
10 Bouquets/I Love Him So
Mala 472/Jan 1964
11 Fashions/I Set A Trap For You
Amy 884/May 1963
12 Half Sisters/Party Crasher
Chattahoochee CH-678/May 1965

THE TOKEN HIT:
13 Lewis Lymon & The Teenchords/I'm So Happy
Fury 1000/Dec 1956

14 Ritchie Valens/Stay Beside Me
Del-Fi 4128/Oct 1959
15 Brenda Lee/Wee Wee Willies
EP track, Decca ED 2682/1960
16 Ronnie Self/Three Hearts Later
ABC-Paramount 45-9714/Jun 1956
17 Leen Teens/So Shy
Imperial X5593/Jun 1959
18 Young Lads/I'm In Love
Neil N-100/Sep 1956
19 Little Buddy (McKnight)/Let's Make Love
NRC NRC-010/Oct 1958

ENCORES:
20 Fashions/Why Don't You Stay A Little Longer
flip side of selection 11
21 Connie & Lee/Cool Cool Baby
flip side of selection 03
22 Duals [NJ]/Bye Bye Baby
flip side of selection 08
23 Deuces Wild/The Meaning Of Love
flip side of selection 02

This high-voltage episode is just waitin' for you to get plugged in...no Bluetooth available! Click on the BLAM below to experience musical bliss!



Have fun!

Comments