THE BEST OF 2025 (IN MUSIC): SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE AS WE EXIT LAUGHING!
01 Mickey "Guitar" Baker & His House Rockers/Bandstand Stomp
Rainbow 45-299/1955
02 Doyle Templet & The Starlighters/Is It Really Love
Minit 605/Jan 1960
03 Delegates/Mother's Son
Vee-Jay 243/April 1957
04 Mable John/Who Wouldn't Love A Man Like That
Tamla T-54031/Sep 1960
05 Jimmy Basile/I'll Never Be Anyone But Me
Capitol 4960/Apr 1963
06 Tommy Collins/Black Cat
Capitol 4495/Dec 1960
07 Dikes/Light Me Up
Federal 45-12249/Dec 1955
08 Little Esther/If It's News To You
Savoy 45-1516/Jul 1957
09 Edsels/My Jealous One
Capitol 4588/Jun 1961
10 Charlie Rich/Philadelphia Baby
Phillips International 3532/Oct 1958
KING-GOFFIN MELANCHOLIA:
11 Henry Alston/So Many Lonely People
Colpix CP-731/May 1964;
12 Carole King/ I Didn't Have Any Summer Romance
Dimension 1004/Nov 1962
13 Gay Poppers/I Need Your Love
Savoy 45-1573/Jul 1959
14 Angelos w/Linda Martell/Just Like Taking Candy From A Baby
Vee-Jay VJ-531/Jun 1963
15 Rick Randle & The Rockers/I'm Hurt
Arc [NJ] 4445/Oct 1958
16 Conway Twitty/Go On And Cry
ABC-Paramount 45-10507/Nov 1963
SUN RECORDS SPOTLIGHT:
17 Billy "The Kid" Emerson/Move Baby Move It
Sun 214/Jan 1955;
18 Carl Perkins/Movie Magg
from Sun EP 115, Blue Suede Shoes/1958
19 Ray Stanley/I Can't Wait
Argo 5280/Oct 1957
20 "5" Royales/What's In The Heart
ABC-Paramount 45-10368/Oct 1962
21 Danny Overbea/Roamin' Man
Checker 796/Jun 1954
22 Dee Dee Warwick/You're No Good
Jubilee 45-5459/Sep 1963
23 Rue-Teens/I Don't Cry Over Girls
Louis 45-6805/1964
24 Sentinals/Latin'ia
WCEB 23/1962
25 Alvin Robinson/Wake Up
Imperial X5762/Jun 1961
EPILOGUE:
26 Bobby Fuller 4/Never To Be Forgotten
Mustang 3011/Sep 1965
This is a whole lotta listenin', so feel free to break it up into two parts. Enjoy by clicking on the sands of time...




Comments
Post a Comment