OTIS BLACKWELL SPECIAL! 23 SWELL SONGS FROM CHAMP CLEFFER!!!


Otis Blackwell wrote hundreds of delightful, funny and happy-go-lucky songs that were recorded by some of the greatest performers of rock 'n' roll, pop and jazz. You won't hear the big hits like "Fever" (one of the most-covered songs of the 20th century) here; you can hear those everywhere!

With one token hit and 22 beguiling rarities, this 64-minute ode to Otis is guaranteed to boost your spirits, set your toes to tapping, and help you forget how horrible 2025 is going! We need all the help we can get in that department, so hasten to hear this heart-healthy hullaballoo...

Your menu for this musical meal:

01 Otis Blackwell/Handle With Care Date 1006/Jun 1958

02 Otis Blackwell/Here I Am  Groove 4G-0034/Sep 1954

03 Cardinals/Lovely Girl  Atlantic 45-1079/Dec 1955

04 David Hill/All Shook Up  Aladdin 45-3359/Mar 1957

05 Dick Vale & The Three Vales/Sure Nuff  Coral 9-61844/Jun 1957

06 Warner Mack/First Chance I Get  Decca 9-30714/Aug 1958

07 Martha Carson/Now Stop  RCA Victor 47-6948/Jun 1957

08 Otis Blackwell/What A Coincidence  Atlantic 45-1178/Feb 1958

09 Dee Clark/Hey Little Girl  Abner 1029/Aug 1959

10 Tony Middleton/Sweet Baby Of Mine  Bigtop 45-3037/May 1960

11  Nick Darrow/Defenseless  Everest 9-19323/Jan 1960

12 Varetta Dillard/I Don't Know What It Is But I Like It  Cub K9091/Mar 1961

13 Jaye P. Morgan/Wondering Where You Are  M-G-M K12924/Sep 1960

14 LaVern Baker/Shadows Of Love  Atlantic 45-2059/Apr 1960

15 Johnnie Ray/No Regrets  Columbia 4-41213/Jul 1958

16 Jimmy Gavin/I Sit By My Window  Cameo 113/Jul 1957

17  Charlie Partee/How Come  Cub K9086/Jan 1961

18 Otis Blackwell/Kiss Away  M-G-M K13090/Aug 1962

19 Ruth Brown/If You Don't Tell Nobody  Philips 40119/Jun 1963

20 Ray Charles/That's All I Am To You  ABC-Paramount 45-10720/Sep 1965

21 Estelle Brown/Stick Close  United Artists UA 727/Jul 1964

22 Otis Blackwell/I'd Rather Kiss You Than Eat  Cub K9092/May 1961

23 Otis Blackwell/Grandaddy Of Them All  (flipside of track 18)

You know what to do, McGoo...


And check back every day for a wonderworld of wild music!

Comments