MONEYMONEYMONEY! FINANCE FUELS NEW MINI-POD! HOT DOLLAR!


Money talks. It makes the world go 'round. Or it can be, to quote Al Roberts, the anti-hero of the 1945 film noir Detour:

Little green things with George Washington's picture that men slave for, commit crimes for, die for. It's the stuff that has caused more trouble in the world than anything else we ever invented, simply because there's too little of it.

No matter what your attitude towards moolah may be, this Mini-Pod has something of value. Its cash-on-the-barrelhead look at currency events will register with you. Spare change?

01 Bryan Davies/Love Or Money
His Master's Voice [Australia] EA-4652/Oct 1964
02 Ray Harris/Greenback Dollar
Sun 272/Jun 1957
03 Clovers/Your Cash Ain't Nothin' But Trash
Atlantic 45-1035/Jul 1954
04 Jack Scott/You Can Bet Your Bottom Dollar
ABC-Paramount 45-9818/May 1957
05 Polka Dot Slim/Ain't Broke, Ain't Hungry
Instant 3269/Dec 1964
06 Dee Dee Warwick/House Of Gold
Mercury 72667/Mar 1967
07 Gene Vincent/Hot Dollar
from LP Crazy Times (Capitol ST1342/1960)

20-ish minutes of music and patter. Spend some time balancing your musical budget with this brief burst of fiscal folly!



Comments

  1. Loved that lots! Perfectly timed to last the first chunk of my dinner prep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not able to listen to these podcast episodes. When I click through to drop box, it plays about 20 seconds and then says the file can't be played in the browser (Odd, because one would assume NONE of it would play in that case, right?)
    So instead I downloaded it, but when I click the mp3 my device said I would need to find a new app because none installed would play this file type. I DEFINITELY have apps that play mp3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you a Windows user? I noticed Windows was behaving badly all day yesterday until a forced update happened. All sorts of functions that work all of the sudden failed. I endured the hour-long update and things are back to normal.
      Another option: if you can download the files, try that again. If you don't have Windows and/or are doing this over a phone, my scientific theories are shot to heck.
      Just for the heck of it, try this link:
      https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xsl1fqxan7m38obxn435k/MINI-POD-03-MONEYMONEYMONEY.mp3?rlkey=685vzlehvmkrn152ab4phz3m5&st=t7jl0td4&dl=0

      Delete

Post a Comment