DROP WHAT YOU'RE DOING ASAP CHOP CHOP TIME'S-A-WASTIN'!

 


It's another hefty helpin' of the big beat in a turbo-charged new episode of this here podcast! As always, the best records you never heard command your attention for a touch over an hour--or however long you care to listen! 

Here's the line-up:

01 Gene Vincent And His Blue Caps - Right Now
Capitol F4237 Jun 1959
02 Little Joe And The Thrillers - No, No, I Can't Stop
Reprise R-20,142 Jan 1963
03 Al & Bunky - Homework
Exodus EX-2003 Mar 1966
04 Arthur Alexander - Ole John Amos
Dot 45-16616 May 1964
05 Scott Bros. - Keep Laughing
Ribbon 45-6905 Jan 1960
06 Carol Vega - One Little Thing
Argo 5490 Feb 1965
07 Taffys - Can't We Just Be Friends?
Pageant [Philadelphia] PT-608    Apr 1963
08 Dynels - Let's Do It Again
Dot 45-16382 Jul 1962
09 Ernie Chaffin - I Can't Lose The Blues
Hickory 45-1024 May 1955

THE TOKEN HIT:
10 Chartbusters - She's The One
Mutual 502 Apr 1964
11 Del Reeves - Cool Drool
Capitol F3979 May 1958
12 Smoothtones - Little Cupid
Okeh 4-7078 Jan 1957

JOHNNY FORTUNE x2:
13 I'll Never Let You Go
Current 105 ?/1965
14 Come On And Love Me
Current 101 Oct 1964
15 Lord Alan And Sir Richard - Little Things
Cannon USA CR-101 Sep 1964
16 Richie Barrett - Some Other Guy
Atlantic 45-2142 Apr 1962
17 Shadows - Little Princess
Columbia [UK] DB 7416 Nov 1964
18 Carousels - If You Want To
Gone 5118 Feb 1962
19 Johnny Dunn - Darlin'
Double-L 726 Nov 1963
20 Mel Torme - Right Now
Atlantic 45-2165   Oct 1962
21 Gene Vincent And His Blue Caps  - The Night Is So Lonely
(A-side to track 01)
chaser: The Little Thumpers - Baia
RCA-Victor Living Stereo 45 61-7440 Jan 1959

Dig this dizzy diatribe of jive right here...
and drop by every day for music that matters-right here! No more Facebook! Expect a new one of these in two weeks! Have a blast!

Comments

  1. Thanks for the great post, Frank. Some fantastic tracks there! I've always loved the lyrics in "If You Want To"..."you can run around if you want to because I, I, I don't care anymore." So real and direct. I read that they changed the original title of the song when local puritans thought it was too suggestive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was, in fact, originally called "You Can Come If You Want To." I'm sure that got the blue-haired ladies up in arms--once someone explained to them that it was, indeed, salacious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment