2025? Really? R-E-A-L-L-Y ???
Yup. We're 25% of the way through a century that is, at best, a mixed bag. I have a feeling this is gonna be a chore to get through, so let's have some music. Soothes the savage breast, I hear. And wait til YOU hear...
01 Preston Epps & Ritchie Allen - Flamenco Bongo
Majesty 1300 Feb 1960
02 Roy Rivers (pseud. of Roy Cash Jr.) - Heartbeat
Columbia 4-41567 Feb 1960
03 Jimmy & Johnny - Sweet Singin' Daddy
Decca 9-29772 Dec 1955
04 Spinners - Sudbuster
Tri-Phi TP-1004 Sep 1961
05 Don Jordan - Hypnotized
Shad 5014 Jan 1960
DAZZLING DEBUT DISC:
06 Blossoms - Move On
Capitol F3822 Nov 1957
07 Grads - The Cool One [inst]
Mercury 72346 Oct 1964
08 Paul Hampton - Play It Cool
Columbia 4-41037 Oct 1957
09 Etta James - Something's Got A Hold Of Me
Argo 5409 Jan 1962
10 Adrienne Poster - When A Girl Really Loves You
London 45-9782 Aug 1965
11 Evie Sands - I Was Moved
Gold Records Inc. 215 Feb 1964
12 Doug Warren & The Rays - Around Midnight
Image 45-1011 Jun 1960
13 Johnny Madara - Save It
Landa 687 Feb 1962
THE TOKEN HIT:
14 Clarence 'Frog Man' Henry - Ain't Got No Home
Argo 5259 Oct 1956
15 Billy Riley - Trouble Bound
Sun 245 May 1956
16 Bobby Marchan - Don't Take Your Love From Me
Ace 523 Jan 1957
17 Cadillacs - A'Looka There
Josie 45-836 Apr 1958
18 Three Playmates [Alma-Lucille-Gwen] - (Do-oo, Do-oo) I Dreamed
Savoy 45-1537 May 1958
19 Titus Turner - Cool Down
Glover 206 Apr 1960
20 Johnny Moore And 3 Blazers - Driftin' Blues
Cinco 116 ?/1961
21 Hank Snow - Oh Wonderful World [inst]
RCA-Victor 47-6772 Dec 1956
You know what to do...
Expect another missive in two of your Earth weeks!




This is Paul. Great pod Frank!!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Paul! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
ReplyDelete