IT'S A REAL BIG DEAL--25 GREAT 45S THAT MADE 2024 BETTER!

 


2024: one crazy, screwy, off-kilter year! A lot of bad things happened...but a bunch of great records from the golden era of the 45-rpm format came my way. It all balances out, kinda-sorta. Here's a celebration of some of the best sides that were gotten this year but not yet played here. 

Here's what you'll hear on this 70-minute spectacular, with occasional comments from your humble host:

01) Skee Brothers/Big Deal
Epic 5-9275/6-1958
02) Tony Spade/What's Gwyne On
Back Beat 505/3-1958
03) Joe Simmons/Old Father
Glover 209/?-1960
04) Chick Carlton And The Majestics/So You Want To Rock
Faro 592/4-1959
05) Jackie And Gayle/It's The Thought That Counts
Mainstream 621/6-1965
06) Joan Moody/Big Time Operator
TCF Sylvia TCF-122/12-1965

ROCKABILLY MINI-SET:
07) Sanford Clark/Still As The Night
Jamie 1107/7-1958
08) Ray Stanley/Let's Get Acquainted
Capitol F3451/6-1956
09) Mac Curtis/You Ain't Treatin' Me Right
King 45-4965/9-1956

FOLK-ROCK INTERLUDE:
10) John D. Loudermilk/You're The Guilty One
RCA-Victor 47-8973/10-1966
11) Gants/I Want Your Lovin'
Liberty 55903/8-1966

BOSS BLACK VOCAL GROUPS:
12) Headliners [Pittsburgh]/I'm So Tired
Val 1000/?-1966
13) Caper Brothers/I Ain't Gonna Write You
Roulette [Canada] R-4597/4-1965
14) Roamers [New Jersey]/Deep Freeze
Savoy 45-1147/1-1955
15) Jim & Bob Harrison/Country Boy
Clock 71836/6-1961

WEIRD NASHVILLE:
16) Gus Backus/Short On Love
MGM K13134/4-1963
17) Wright Sisters/Crazy Over You
Cadence 1411/12-1961

WHAT IN THE--?!
18) Roy Orbison/Paper Boy
Monument 45-409/9-1959

19) Carl Perkins/The Unhappy Girls
Columbia 4-42061/7-1961
20) Lombardo Twins/Arabian Drums [inst]
ABC-Paramount 45-10051/9-1959
21) Ersel Hickey/Some Enchanted Evening
Laurie 3165/5-1962

WHY WASN'T THIS ON A 45?
22) Rosie Hamlin/Baby Baby Baby
from Brunswick LP BL 54012, "Lonely Blue Nights," released 1961
23) Lynette West/This Is Where I Came In
Josie 45-910/7-1963
24) Shirley Gunter & The Flairs/I Want You
Modern 45x989/5-1956
25) Harry M. & The Marvels/I Deserve To Cry
ABC-Paramount 45-10586/10-1964

There's a lot to take in, but you can break up the listening experience if'n you like. To hear this extravaganza, go HERE...
...and enjoy! We'll see you with an all-new podcast in 14 of your Earth days. Happy holidays and 
Shab-la-da-doo!

Comments

  1. "... I wish them nothing but harm, frustration and illness. I despise them all." Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying it so far! Listened to the first 50 minutes whilst making supper tonight. Will finish up anon. Great tunes and patter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! This is an epic-length episode, as these end-of-year wrap-ups tend to be. They make a nice review for me of the highlights of this obsession--er, hobby. Yes...hobby!

      Delete
  3. Just finished it while making tonight's dinner. Really FAB tunes! (I need to hear it again to pay better attention to which songs I NEED.) HobbyAppreciation, HO!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment