BONUS PODCAST: MUSIC TO VOTE BY!

 


Yeah, yeah, we know: there's not s'posta be a podcast this week! I can't keep up! Too much! Well, for those of you who don't feel that way (and I hope you exist), here's a special morale-booster as we approach the most important Presidential election of our lifetimes! Defeat the talking yam with music, via an array of sizzlin' sides-including the two rarest records I've had the good fortune to snag this year!

They bookend this extra-fab episode, which you can listen to after election day (or whenever...just so's you listen!) Here's what you happy folks get:

01) Videos - Shoo-Bee-Doo-Bee Cha Cha Cha
Casino C-105 Jan 1959
02) Magnificents [Washington DC] - Do You Mind
Checker 1016 May 1962
03) Ray Smith - Makes Me Feel Good
Judd 1019 Jul 1960

EERIE INSTRUMENTALS
04) Vinny Lee - Rhumbarino
Old Town 1061 Nov 1958
05) Ritchie Allen - Undercurrent
Imperial 5885 Nov 1962

06) Chico Holiday - Please Don't Touch
RCA Victor 47-7574 Aug 1959
07) Ronnie Diamond - Life Begins at 4:00
Imperial X5588 May 1959
08) Gene Vincent - Wild Cat
Capitol 4313 Dec 1959

GIRL GROUP GOODIES:
09) Locketts - Don'Cha Know?
Argo 5455 Oct 1963
10) Lucia Martin - Big Jim
King 45-5608 Apr 1962
11) Zippers - Pretend You're Still Mine
Hickory 45-1252 Apr 1964
12) Bouquets - I Love Him So
Mala 472 Jan 1964

13) M-3's - Three Lonely Nights
United Artists UA 889 Jul 1965
14) Hal Davis - Merchant of Love
Vee-Jay VJ387 May 1961
WHAT IN THE--?!?
15) Rocketones - Mexico
Melba 113 ?/1957
WHY WASN'T THIS ON A 45?
16) Astronauts - You Gotta Let Me Go
From RCA-Victor LP "Go...Go...Go!," LPM 3307  Jan 1965
17) Sonny Curtis -A Beatle I Want To Be
Dimension D-1024 Feb 1964
18) Ebe Sneezer & His Epidemics - That's All I've Got (To Remember You By)
Colonial 45-CR-436 July 1957
19) Ecstasies - A Time For Love
Amy 853 June 1962
20) G-Clefs - I Have
Veep V 1218  June 1965
21) Del-Aires - Elaine
Coral [Canada] 62370 Aug 1963

HEAR this magnificent manifesto of music here:
And we'll see you on the 31st with our annual Halloween show, hosted by Otto von Ottoman. There's some new surprises, so don't miss out on the limited-time fun. It's only available from the stroke of midnight the 31st til midnight November 1st. Watch this space!

Oh, yes:

VOTE!!!!




Comments

Post a Comment