ROBOT TAKEOVER! HOW THE HECK DID THIS HAPPEN?

 


You can't let your guard down these days! I nodded off while trying to record the commentary for this all-new episode...and AI stepped in to "help!" After I listened to it a couple of times, I thought, "hey, why not? This gets me off the hook!"


Thus, virtual hosts Mars Mansteak and Sally....Loofbar? Something like that! Their witty banter surprised me, and they do a decent enough job deejaying a brisk bouquet of 20 bracin' boppers! They have a certain chemistry. I wonder where they went when the show was over?


NOTE: Our current hostsite, Mega, has been experiencing horrendous playback issues, so we've switched hosts and we hope this helps. Link below is updated and should work. Please let us know if it works for you, wouldya? Thanks!


Here's the playlist:

01) Tony Conn - Like, Wow! Decca 9-30813 12/1958
02) Robert & Johnny - In The Rain Old Town 1047 12/1957
03) Lord Richard & Sir Alan - Run In The Dark
    Cannon CR-101 9/1964
04) Danny Zella And His Zell Rocks - Wicked Ruby
    Fox [Detroit] ZTSC 10056   10/1958
05) The Ikettes - I Do Love You Atco 45-6243 11/1962
06) Shirelles - Maybe Tonight Scepter 1284 10/1964

THE TOKEN HIT:

07) Cadillacs - Speedoo Josie 45-785 10/1955
08) Maxine Brown - I Don't Need You No More
    ABC-Paramount 45-10235 6/1961
09) Tony Rossini & The Clippers - New Girl In School Sun 380  7/1962
10) Roy Orbison - I Like Love Sun 284 12/1957
11) Wade Flemons - Slow Motion Vee-Jay VJ 321 7/1959

TEEN JUDGEMENT SUITE:

12) Wilder Brothers - Sick Sick Sick Leeds 781 2/1959

13) Buzz & Al - Weirdo            M-G-M K13018 ?/1961

HISTORICAL FIND:

14) Billy LaMont - Right Kind Of Girl Prigan 2002 9/1961


WHAT IN THE--?!?

15) Billy Fury - Gonna Type A Letter London 45-1857  1/1959

16) Ann Cole - That's Enough Sir 272   9/1959

17) Willie Headen & The Five Birds - The Skinny Woman Story
    Authentic AU 410 1/1957

18) Spaniels - Do You Really Vee Jay VJ-178 1/1956

19) Mickey & Kitty - Buttercup Atlantic 45-2046 12/1959

20) Conway Twitty - Maybe Baby Mercury 71148X45 6/1957

CHASER:

21) Ventures - Damaged Goods Dolton 78    5/1963


Who knows if this will happen again? I assure you that next show, I'll be back in person with some finds from this year's Canby Record Fair! Yahoo!


To listen, et cetera...


...and be aware of robots; they're aware of YOU!

Comments

  1. This was... interesting.
    Can you explain more? Did you write this, and have it transferred text-to-speech? Or did you have a couple chatbots exchange dialog, truly reading to one another?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote all their dialogue and had it converted to voices. Just something different and, I hope, amusing. It's more work-intensive than doing my own narration, but it's gotten more hits than any episode in the last year, so my gambit worked. I cracked myself up during the dialog process: the two characters wrote themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Frank, Thanks for your comments regarding the Billy LaMont recording. This is my first visit to your splendid blog (and may I add not my last). There's certainly some great gems here well worth listening too. Regards from fellow music blogger Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bob! Nice to hear from you! Thank you for stopping by and I hope there's a lot here for you to enjoy! I've visited your blog in the past and always meant to comment. Glad I finally did--and got to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment