PILLAGE AND PLUNDER: NEW STACKS O' WAX (and Styrofoam derivatives) 4 YEW!
Yup! Fourteen of them days have zwooped by and it's time for another dose of the greatest records you may have never ever heard in all your blessed life!
This chock-full episode is loaded with recent scores from various record shows and big digs. I always end up with some duds and/or records I already have (😶😶😶) but my instincts are usually pretty good and I'm delighted to share the swag with you, my fine and friendly audience!
Here's the run-down on this hour of joyous racket, interrupted with occasional commentary from yours truly:
01) El Venos - Geraldine Groove 4G-0170 10/1956
02) Ral Donner - I Got Burned Reprise R-20,141 1/1963
03) Clovers - Burning Fire United Artists UA-263 10/1960
04) Denny & Jenny - You Tear Me Up Coronet 45-CT-1301 ?/1958
05) Jet Harris - Big Bad Bass Decca [UK] F 11841 2/1964
TWO SONGS BASED ON RAY CHARLES' "I GOT A WOMAN:"
06) Ruth Brown - A New Love Atlantic 45-1166 11/1957
07) Baby Jane And The Rockabyes - My Boy John
United Artists UA 560 12/1962
08) Ben Hewitt - For Quite A While Mercury 71472X45 6/1959
09) Thunder Mountain Boys - Olita Capehart CA 5002 5/1960
10) Midnighters - E Basta Cosi Federal 45-12293 4/1957
WHAT IN THE--?!? x2:
11) Kenny Hollywood - Magic Star (Telstar) London 45-9574 12/1962
12) Margie Singleton - Magic Star (Tel-star) Mercury 72079 12/1962
13) Five Royales - I'm Standing In The Shadows Todd 45-1086 6/1963
14) Conway Twitty - Double Talkin' Baby Mercury 71384X45 12/1958
15) Magica Brown - I Won't Be Back 20th Century-Fox 553 12/1964
16) Darlene Woods &The Starlings - All I Want
World Pacific X-811 1/1960
17) El Venos - Now We're Together (flip of track 01)
18) Tune Weavers - Pamela Jean Casa Grande 45C-4038 12/1957
19) Angelo And The Initials - Someday She'll Love Me
Congress CG-229 11/1964
20) Barry & The Tamerlanes - Pretty Things Valiant 6050 8/1964
TWO BY OTIS BLACKWELL:
21) Johnnie Ray - No Regrets Columbia 4-41213 7/1958
22) Paul Hampton - Slam Bam Thank You Ma'am
Columbia 4-41145 3/1958
Your keys to this musical merriment are RIGHT HERE...
where you can listen or download for future enjoyment!
We'll see ya in another 14 with our final episode of the fifth season--the 70th show, as a matter of fact! In-between, don't forget the daily version on Facebook. Lots of good stuff coming at you every darn day of the week!




Comments
Post a Comment