A FEW MINITS MORE...


We continue our deep dive into the great New Orleans record label with another baker's dozen of great tracks, with some yakkin' by your humble host in-between! Here's the line-up:


1) Aaron Neville-How Many Times
Minit 639 12/61

2) Tommy Taylor & The Five Knights-I Want Somebody
Minit 636 11/61

3) Allen Orange-Miss Nosey
Minit 640 1/62

4) Irma Thomas-I Done Got Over It
Minit 642 1/62

5) Benny Spellman-Fortune Teller*
Minit 644 3/62

6) Ernie K-Doe-I Love You The Best
Minit 645 4/62

7) Eskew Reeder-I Waited Too Long
Minit 648 5/62

8) Diamond Joe-Fair Play
Minit 649 5/62

9) Irma Thomas-I Did My Part*
Minit 653 8/62

10) Showmen-The Owl Sees You
Minit 654 8/62

11) Calvin Lee-I'll Be Home (Wait And See)*
Minit 655 8/62

23) Benny Spellman-Stickin' Whicha' Baby*
Minit 659 12/62

12) Irma Thomas-Ruler Of My Heart*
Minit 666 5/63

13) Calvin Lee-Daddy's Coming Home*
Minit 662 3/63

*= song penned by Allen Toussaint, usually as Naomi Neville


Where to hear it? >>>>>

And come back in two weeks for another regular-length, anything-goes kinda episode!

Comments