GET IN TOUCH WITH THE LAYERS OF MUSIC!
According to official science-like research we have determined the seven layers of a 45 rpm record! To celebrate these highly disputed results, we offer a seven-layer episode for your dining and dancing pleasure! Here is today's menu:
LAYER ONE: ABRUPT ENDIN---:
01) Johnny Powers-With Your Love, With Your Kiss
Sun 327 9/1959
02) Suzanne With The Band-Aides-You May Never Know
Liberty F-55313 3/1961
03) Baker Knight And The Knightmares-Bring My Cadillac Back
Decca 9-30135 11/1956
LAYER TWO: GOOD OL' ARR AN' BEE:
04) Wilbert Harrison-Off To Work Again
Neptune 123 5/1961
05) Tom Jones (not THAT Tom Jones!)-Trying To Get To My Grits
Symbol 45-205 12/1964
06) Cletus Marland-I'll Take Care Of You
Roulette R-4388 9/1961
LAYER THREE: ROCKIN' INSTRUMENTALS:
07) Rockin' Aces-Evil
Mercury 71619X45 5/1960
08) Arrows-Blue Guitar
Sidewalk 1 12/1964
09) Jet Harris & Tony Meehan-Diamonds *
London 45-9589 2/1963
LAYER FOUR: COLLECTION UPGRADES:
10) Hoagy Lands-(I'm Gonna) Cry Some Tears
Judi 45-J-054 11/1960
11) Dubs-Don't Ask Me To Be Lonely
Gone 5002 4/1957
12) Moonlighters-Broken Heart
Josie 45-843 8/1958
LAYER FIVE: NARVEL FELTS x3:
13) Narvel Felts-Foolish Thoughts
Mercury 71140X45 6/1957
14) Narvel Felts-Did You Tell Me **
rec. 1/23/57 at Sun Studios; unissued until 1981 on LP
15) Narvel Felts-The End Of My World Is Near
Groove 58-0029 12/1963
LAYER SIX: _______ & THE _________S:
16) Baby Jane & The Rock-A-Byes-Half Deserted Street
Spokane 4004 11/1963
17) Harvey & The Moonglows-Mean Old Blues
Chess 1705 8/1958
18) Tracey Pendarvis & The Blue Notes-It Don't Pay
Scott 1202 1/1958
LAYER SEVEN: WHITE ACTS ON MOTOWN LABELS:
19) Headliners-You're Bad News
V.I.P. 25011 11/1964
20) Valadiers-I Found A Girl
Gordy 7013 1/1963
21) Lewis Sisters-You Need Me
V.I.P. 25024 8/1965
* indicates THE TOKEN HIT
** indicates WHY WASN'T THIS ON A 45?!?
Devour this moveable feast here:




MINUT! - MLE & Suzie & Frenz
ReplyDelete