SADDLE UP FOR A HERD OF ROBUST MUSIC! NEW PODCAST!

 


Yee-haw! Here's a new episode of this here podcast loaded to the gills with gritty groovy goodness. A lotta new acquisitions, dog-dirty and loaded for bear (whatever that means!) Here's the lowdown on this hoedown:

01- The Largos- Saddle Up

Dot 45-16292 Nov 1961

02-  The Mandells- Why Me?

Chess 1794 Jun 1961

03- The Bobby Fuller 4- Don't Ever Let Me Know

Mustang M 3016 Mar 1966

04- The Shangri-las- Hate To Say I Told You So

Scepter 1291 Jan 1965

05- The 3 Degrees- Do What You're Supposed To Do

Swan 4197     Dec 1964

06- Jimmy Thomas- Hurry On Back Home

Sue 778 Dec 1962

07- 4 Buddies- Slow Locomotion

Philips 40122 Jul 1963

08- Bobby Brinkley- (I'm Just) The Guy With The Car

Monument 45-803 Nov 1962

09- Lucky Joe Almond- Rock Me

Trumpet 45-199     Jul 1953

10- Jerry Lee Lewis- Big Blon' Baby

Sun 317 15 Feb 1959

11- Jack Scott- Baby She's Gone

ABC-Paramount 45-9818 May 1957

THE TOKEN HIT:

12- The Flamingos- I Only Have Eyes For You

End E-1046 Apr 1959

GARAGE TRIO:

13- The Berrys- Sand And Sea

Challenge 59358 Apr 1967

14- The Minute Men- I Won't Lead You On

Parrot 45-318 Mar 1967

15- The You Know Who Group- Roses Are Red My Love

Casual  84621 1964

WHAT IN THE---?!?

16- Bobby One- Hummingbird

NRC No. 021 Feb 1959

WHY WASN'T THIS ON A 45?

17 - Joe Bennett & The Sparkletones- Number One On My Love List

(recorded for ABC-Paramount September 18, 1957; unissued until 1983; available on Bear Family CD "What the Heck? The Complete Joe Bennett & The Sparkletones" (BCD 17632, 2022)

SOULTASTIC FINALE:

18- Rufus "Mr. Soul" Beacham- Take It Easy Baby

Scepter 1214 Nov 1960

19- Bobby Brinkley- Tobacco Road

(flip of track 08)

20- 4 Buddies- Lonely Summer

(flip of track 07)

21- The Largos- I Wonder Why

(flip of track 01)

Hear it here---

and do come back in 14 days for a new episode!

Comments

  1. That was delightful! Many thanks, Frank, for continuing to create & curate new shows on my favorite radio statio nka PodCast. Fall & Winter tend to be good listening-times for me, and I look forward to catching up on past shows while I cook or keep up with correspondence during football season. I cannot read and listen at the same time, but I do combine several of my favorite things: music with context, preparing food, and keeping up rships by way of handwritten notes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment