THE BIG THREE-OH and OUR SECOND SEASON FINALE!



Woo and hoo! It's show #30, which also happens to draw the curtains on our second season! What a stunning spectacular we've created to awe, shock and amuse you! 

(Let's be truthful here, Frank...it's just another podcast. Cool, mostly obscure records from the ever-growing vinyl archives...rare this and unusual that. Yadda yadda yadda.

Ahem. Who said that?

Anyhow. Show #30. Yep, 30 of these podcasts. That's over 29!

(Just tell us what the songs are this time around. Enough booshwah!)

I... I was just getting to that. So, here's the playlist for today's spectacular:

01. Jones, Jimmy - No Insurance (For A Broken Heart)

Vee Jay USA VJ 505 March 1963

02. Williams, Verna - Wrong Number, Right Girl

Belinda [New York] USA 100 January 1962

03. Teen Queens, The - Just Goofed

Kent USA 45X348 August 1960

(reissue of RPM 45x453, released January 1956)

04. Redwoods, The - Shake Shake Sherry

Epic USA 5-9447 23 June 1961

05. Majors, The - Get Up Now

Imperial USA 5968 June 1963

06. Scott, Jack - The Way I Walk

Carlton USA 514 May 1959

07. Carefrees, The - Hot-Blooded Lover

London International USA INT 45-10614 March 1964

08. Unit 4 + 2 - Wild is the Wind

London USA 45-9751 May 1965

09. Van Dykes, The - I'm So Happy

Mala USA 566 July 1967

10. Ovations, The - I'm Living Good

Goldwax USA GW-117 August 1965

11. Gypsies, The - Diamonds, Rubies, Gold and Fame

Old Town USA 1180 March 1965

12. Reflections, The - Your Kind of Love

Golden World USA GW-29 September 1965

13. Ragamuffins, The - The Fun We Had

Tollie USA 9027 October 1964

14. Bushmen, The - What I Have I'll Give To You

Dimension USA D 1049 June 1965

15. Chateaus, The - Since You Have Gone

Smash USA S-2021 February 1966

WHY WASN'T THIS A 45?

16. Burgess, Sonny and The Pacers - Truckin' Down the Avenue

Recorded at Sun Studios, August 1957; first released in 1985 on LP

17. Williams, Verna - You Better Prove It

B-side of selection #2

18. Nightingale, Billy - The Price of Love

Atco USA 45-6053 September 1955

THE TOKEN HIT:

19. Dino, Kenny - Your Ma Said You Cried in Your Sleep Last Night

Musicor USA MU 1013 August 1961

20. Country Lads, The - Lonely Lover

Columbia USA 4-41212 21 July 1958

21. Redwoods, The - The Memory Lingers On

B-side of selection #4

(Not a bad selection, but I've heard these all before.)

That's because you're me! Silly!

(Oh, yeah. I keep forgetting.)

Enough of this self-banter. It isn't getting either of us anywhere. Here's the link, to listen RIGHT HERE! 

We'll return with a new season on September 2nd. See you then!

Comments

  1. Jingle Jangle Jungle! Love the dip into the Jack Webb stuff, as well as the rest. Thanks for a fine afternoon. Here's hoping you're nuts enough to do 30 more, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment