OLD SCHOOL: the fog-shrouded early-ish years of FJ revisited!
Hi, all! Here's another special episode. This time, we take a look at some of the earliest songs played on the daily Facebook version of Frank's Jukebox. There's been many great songs you might have missed or forgotten about. This all-killer session features these tracks, in this particular order:
01. Kelley, Emory (Schoolboy)
Disappointed in Love
Peacock 5-1919
1962
02. McNeil, Landy and The Corsairs
The Change in You
Tuff 402
1965
03. Applebee, Marie
Toom Toom
Jubilee 45-5633
1968
04. Critters, The
Georgiana
Musicor MU-1044
1964
05. Escorts, The
No City Folks Allowed
RCA Victor 47-8327
1964
06. Little Hooks And The Kings
Count Your Blessings
Chess 1867
1963
07. Beaumont, Jimmie
Camera
May MY 112
1961
08. Blackwells, The
Playin' Heart Strings
Hickory 45-1241
1964
09. Smith, Huey "Piano" & The Clowns
Someone to Love
Imperial X5721
1961
10. Carter-Lewis & The Southerners
Somebody Told My Girl
Oriole UK CB 1868
1963
11. Brown, Hash & His Ignunt Strings
Overseas Operator (stereo version)
Philips 40027
1962
12. Ashe, Clarence
Dancing in a Dream World
J&S 1466
1964
13. Inner-Circle, The
(Goes to Show) Just How Wrong You Can Be
Dunhill D-4128
1968 (rec. 1965)
14. Silkie, The
Born to Be With You
Fontana UK TF 709
1966
15. Clark, Dee
Because I Love You
Vee-Jay VJ 372
1960
16. Darrells, The
Without Warning
Lyco 1003
1962
17. Allison, Gene
Have Faith
Vee-Jay VJ 273
1958
18. Smith, Ray
Greenback Dollar Watch and Chain
Sun 272
1957
19. Mosley, Robert
Goodbye My Lover Goodbye
Capitol 4961
1963
20. Curtis & Del
Just to Be Loved
Monument 45-455-V
1961
21. Shirelles, The
Are You Still My Baby
Scepter S 1292
1964
Your humble host is recovering from the flu, and is a bit croaky-sounding. Please excuse the goofy voice. I hope that by next podcast, I'll be sounding like myself again. In the meantime, I get to impersonate some stranger who has no idea I'm copying his style.
It's 65 minutes of music, croaking and the occasional click and/or pop. Listen to the whole shebang RIGHT HERE
It's 65 minutes of music, croaking and the occasional click and/or pop. Listen to the whole shebang RIGHT HERE
and I'll see you in two weeks with an all-new show of recent goodies I've acquired!




Comments
Post a Comment