EPISODE SIX! ROBERT MOSLEY (or Mosely) PLUS MORE MORE MORE!


 Another hour-plus of the best music you've probably never heard! This sixth episode features a mixed bag of songs and styles, and concludes with a salute to the neglected, enigmatic ROBERT MOSLEY, whose name is spelled 15 different ways on various record labels.


Here's the tracklist:

 

 

1)     Jewel  Brown—I Must Be Dreaming
    (Liberty 55458, 1962)

2)    Rico & The Ravens—Don’t You Know
    (Autumn 6, 1964)

3)     Lee Diamond—It Won’t Be Me
    (Minit 617, 1960)

4)    Benny Spellman—You Got to Get It (Minit 659, 1962)

5)    Farmer Boys—Flash, Crash and Thunder
   (Capitol F3732, 1957)

6)    Faron Young—Live Fast, Love Hard, Die Young
    (Capitol F3056, 1955)
          

7)    Carl Perkins—Forever Yours (Sun 274, 1957)

8)    Verdelle Smith—A Piece of the Sky
   (Capitol 5632, 1966)

9)   Sherrys—I’ve Got No One (Guyden 2084, 1963)

10)  Frantics—Black Sapphire (Dolton 6, 1959)

11)  Gus Jinkins & Orch.—Tricky (Flash FL 115, 1956)

12)  Cookie & The Cupcakes—Matilda
   (Paula 221, 1965 release of 1962 recording)

13)  Jimmy Hughes—I’m Getting Better
   (Fame F-4604, 1964)

14)  Connie Francis—If My Pillow Could Talk
   (M-G-M K13143, 1963)

15)  Billy Graves—Uncertain (Monument 45-101, 1958)

16)  Marvin Rainwater—My Brand of Blues
   (M-G-M K12511, 1957)

17)  Wayne Powers—Point of View
   (Phillips International 3523, 1958)

18)  Arnie Williams—Come on Sweetie
   (Herald H-479, 1956)

19)  O’Jays—How Does it Feel (Little Star 124, 1963)

20)  Dee Clark—Because I Love You (Vee Jay 372, 1960)

21)  Mayme & Robert—Ain’t No Way in the World
   (Glory 45-260, 1957)

22)  Robert Mosley—Just a Little More
    (Co-ed CO 524, 1960)

23)  Robert Mosley—Crazy ‘bout My Baby
    (Capitol 4961, 1963)


You can listen to this podcast HeRe. 


Next week: The songs of Leiber and Stoller!

Comments

  1. Well, thank goodness for this. After reading "Dig: the confessions of a 45 junkie," I really wanted to hear some Robert Mosley (sp) songs, and now I can. YayPhew! - MLE

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment